Here we are going to tell about Update EPF KYC Procedure. The EPFO Member can update his/her KYC on New Unified Member Portal.
For that, member UAN number should be activated. Only after that, the Member can log in to the UAN Portal.
EPFO announced in December 2016… that EPF KYC has to be updated for all the EPFO Member by his/her Employer or Employee on UAN Portal.
To Update EPF KYC, you need to follow the below-mentioned step as we have provided the complete procedure.
How Important Update EPF KYC for the Member on EPFO Unified Portal Login
- EPF KYC Update is mandatory for all PF contributing Member.
- EPF KYC helps to the Member in fast Settlement of their Claim when they apply for the same.
- If the member has updated EPF KYC properly and got approved by EPFO, then he/she gets the benefit at the time of Claim Transfer as it’s become easy and hassle-free.
- Its might Possible that you’re Withdrawal and Claim Transfer Request get rejected, if you have not update EPF KYC.
- After updating EPF KYC, you will start getting SMS alert of your monthly Transactions.
What is the KYC (Know Your Customer)? | EPFO KYC
KYC (Know Your Customer) is the process to identify the Customer / Client / Member by the Company & Organization.
KYC full form is Know Your Customer, which helps to understand the Customer / Client / Member in a better way.
The Organization / Company conduct KYC to ensure that there is no Criminal Element using their service or product for any illegal activities.
KYC also helps in fast Claim Settlement and Claim Transfer request.
Which Document / Details Can be Provided for KYC? | EPF KYC Approval
Total 8 type of Document / Details can be accepted by EPFO in order to Update EPF KYC. Please find the list of the EPF KYC Document.
- PAN Card
- Aadhaar Card
- Driving Licence
- Election Card / Voter ID Card
- Ration Card
- National Population Register
(Note: – Please be advised that earlier EPFO ask to upload the Scan Copy of the document which details you have provided in KYC.
However, after launching the NEW Unified UAN Member Portal by EPFO.
There is no need to upload the Scan Copy of the Document as EPFO has removed the Option to upload Scanned Document.)
UAN KYC Update Online on Unified Portal EPF? | How to upload KYC Documents in EPF
- Step:-#1 Logged in on UAN Portal with your Username and Password. The Username will be you UAN Number and the Password. Which you did set up at the time of Activating the UAN Number. Please find the UAN Portal URL:- https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/ -member-interface/
(Note:- Please use the Latest password to login to Portal. If you have changed / Reset Password.)
- Step:-#2 After login into UAN Member Portal, you need to Click on “Manage” then “KYC”. Then, you will reach to Add KYC Web page as below posted Screenshot.
- Step:-#3 There are 8 types of KYC Document given in the KYC Option such as PAN Card, Aadhaar Card, Ration Card, Passport, Driving Licences, Election Card, Bank Account Number / IFSC Code and National Population Register.
You have to choose the desired option from these 8 options by Click on the Check Box of that Particular Document Type.
(Note:- Please be advised that we recommend you to Select – Bank, PAN and Aadhaar Card for KYC as it will be required in future. When you apply for PF Withdrawal or PF Balance Transfer. )
- Step:-#4 After selecting the desired option of the document. You need to fill the details as provided in the Document. We have posted an Example just below.
- Step:-#5 After Entering the details of the Selected Document, click on the “SAVE” button, once you click on “Save” button.
You will get a Successful Message on the Screen and Provided KYC details start reflecting in Pending Panel as you can see in the below-posted screenshot.
- Step:-#6 After 48 to 72 hours your provided KYC Document details will start reflecting on “Approved”. If your provided KYC Document details got approved by your Employer. As you can see the example in the below-posted screenshot.
Hello Guys, hope you guys found this article useful & informative. We have dedicated this page to Update EPF KYC on New Unified Member Portal. As, we have shared the complete procedure about the same. Please bookmark this site for further reference by pressing CTRL+D on Chrome. Or, you can save this site in your Favorite List… 🙂